Technical Support Engineer T2
- Immediate start
- Flexible work environment and plenty of perks
- £32k – £36k
WHO WE ARE
uTrack are a young innovative dynamic Company that have grown fast in a short time. With clients ranging from top100 FTSE Companies across Ireland, UK, Europe and the USA we are looking to find like-minded people to join our expanding and award-winning team that has one core vision. To create a platform that elevates a passengers’ experience of using public transport, while allowing our clients to use real time business intelligence data to transform their business.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Due to an increase in demand for our services, uTrack are now looking for a Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer.
We’ve a number of new interesting projects booked so busy time ahead. This role will focus on working on the First Student project – part of FirstGroup plc which is the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. You will work with a 1st tier Technical Support Engineer that sits within the Support team, a QA Engineer and a 3rd tier team which are basically our developers – based in Ireland.
We would be interested in hearing from people within UK and beyond who can travel to/work from our central Birmingham office.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be the bond between the customer success team and the core developer team.
You will provide tier 2 support services to the business by triaging customer facing or customer impacting issues with Freshdesk platform and working closely with technical support engineer and account managers to resolve those issues, but also participate in new feature development as capacity allows.
First and foremost, you will investigate and clarify trouble tickets, attempt to reproduce issues, and debug/resolve problems as much as possible before escalating to the developer team. The ability to address, fix any open issues in priority order and communicate status on critical issues in a timely manner is your bread and butter.
- Capture, investigate and triage trouble tickets and ensure compliance with format and mandatory information.
- Fix bugs, identify new ones and fix those too, and resolve raised issues to the best of your ability and escalate more complex problems to Tier 3 support team, our developers
- Build FAQs and knowledge base articles to facilitate self-service
- Comfortable logging into servers remotely and reviewing application log files for issues
- Provide weekly reporting on metrics, issue status and progress
- Be willing to work on an on-call basis for after-hours critical support needs
- Assist with formal and exploratory testing as part of the software release cycle
Salary will be in line with experience. uTrack offer a generous healthcare and pension plan, gym membership, paid lunches to all employees, annual performance bonus, flexible working arrangements and the latest technology to work with.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a high-pressure team environment and end to end software development
- SQL experience i.e. understand databases in general
- A good understanding of a multi-tier web-based applications with prior experience in a tier 2 or tier 3 engineering support role
- Solid technical experience in the Windows server environment” -> “Linux server environment – expected to have experience using the command line i.e. Terminal
- Working knowledge of database systems and ability to interact with an SQL database and construct queries
- Understanding of overall IT infrastructure stack and using agile technology
- Knowledge and working experience with software management tools such as Jira, Microsoft TFS or Bugzilla.
If we think you’re a potential fit, we will arrange an HR telephone interview, if all goes well, you’ll be further tested on your technical abilities through a technical test around SQL queries – it’ll allow us to test your ability to problem solve, work with domain concepts, as well as understanding the technical element of actually interacting with a database.
GET IN TOUCH
We’re a diverse bunch and come from all over the world – Lithuania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Venezuela, Ireland, UK so candidates from all backgrounds are welcome.
We don’t need help from recruitment agencies at this point, but if we get stuck, we’ll let you know.
Put your technical skills to better use and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go back to our Jobs page
Please subscribe to our Newsletter and find out more about what we do.
Work with us?
Are you a decision maker within a public transit business or transit authority/agency?
Contact us to find out how we can help you.