Mid Level Java Developer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Spring Hibernate, Maven, JUnit and SVN technologies/languages
WHO WE ARE
uTrack are a young innovative dynamic Company that have grown fast in a short time. With clients ranging from top100 FTSE Companies across Ireland, UK, Europe and the USA we are looking to find like-minded people to join our expanding and award-winning team that has one core vision. To create a platform that elevates a passengers’ experience of using public transport, while allowing our clients to use real time business intelligence data to transform their business.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Due to an increase in demand for our services, uTrack are now looking for a mid-level Java Developer.
We’ve a number of new interesting projects booked so busy time ahead. This role will focus on working on the First Student project – part of FirstGroup plc which is the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. You will be working with a React Developer and a Junior Developer, and report directly into our Senior Developer.
Most of our team are based in our Dublin office, but we’re flexible in our working arrangements.
We would be interested in hearing from people within Ireland and beyond who want to experience the best of both worlds: office and remote working. So regardless of which corner of the country you’re based in, we’d like to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- The role involves Designing/ Architecting new applications/application modules (including changes to existing applications) for delivering agreed functional requirements and non functional requirements.
- The role will ensure that all changes are such that the applications are supportable, maintainable, and scalable.
- The role will define the best practice across the applications in development, in addition to driving the technical alignment within the Company.
- The role will guide the development team members working in support.
- Review all new requirements and ensure apt non-functional requirements are defined as part of the requirement definitions.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to high, production ready, standard with full involvement from stakeholders, clients and team members.
- Read and interpret business requirements and specification documents.
- Provide technical support to teams for production issues.
- Support system maintenance upgrades and bug fixes.
- Occasionally review the technical solutions /designs to ensure that the solution is designed for high availability, high scalability and easier maintenance.
Salary will be in line with experience. uTrack offer a generous healthcare plan, gym membership, paid lunches to all employees, Taxsaver, annual performance bonus, flexible working arrangements and the latest technology to work with.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a high-pressure team environment and end to end software development
- Robust design skills, good understanding of Design patterns
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Java, Spring Hibernate, Maven, JUnit and SVN technologies/languages.
- Understanding of overall IT infrastructure stack and using agile technology
If we think you’re a potential fit, we will arrange a 1h technical telephone interview with our CTO, if all goes well, you’ll be further tested on your technical abilities through a coding challenge.
GET IN TOUCH
We’re a diverse bunch and come from all over the world – Lithuania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Venezuela, Ireland, UK so candidates from all backgrounds are welcome.
We don’t need help from recruitment agencies at this point, but if we get stuck, we’ll let you know.
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Go back to our Jobs page
Please subscribe to our Newsletter and find out more about what we do.
Work with us?
Are you a decision maker within a public transit business or transit authority/agency?
Contact us to find out how we can help you.