Rygo is our all-in-one technology solution for school transport
School transport for students in the UK is in dire need of reform. Car volumes increase by 55% during times of school pick-up and drop-off. Also, traffic in and around schools is chaotic. According to interviews conducted by the AA, 56% of parents interviewed reported “traffic chaos” near their child’s school at pick-up/drop-off times.
91% of these parents also claimed there wasn’t any school traffic management plan in place at all. Which compromises child safety.
School congestion could be easily avoided as well. Some 80% of parents driving their children could use alternative transport . A preference that is mainly caused by the poor safety and reliability of other forms of transport. Nevertheless, this has huge knock-on effects on the efficiency of other road users but more importantly child/road safety. Up to 43%, fewer collisions happen during school holidays .
So, what’s the solution? Well, the solution is creating a safe & reliable school bus service much like the US. And how do we create safe & reliable school bus services in the UK? The answer is RYGO.
RYGO’s solution already helps the largest School bus operators in North America and Ireland complete over 5 million student journeys every day. Now, this is coming to the UK.
Here are just some of the problems that RYGO solves and the features that help improve any schools transport service.
- Poor child safety & safeguarding
- Transport not optimised to improve sustainability
- No route planning and optimisation
- Bad relationship & accountability with school bus operators
School bus tracking and real-time GPS
With RYGO, we’re processing GPS data every 5secs to near eliminate latency and provide exceptional accuracy.
- Live monitoring of trips
- Historical replay of trips
- View stop arrival/departure times
Student Tracking/Scanning and Route Utilisation
RYGO supports Student tracking using Bluetooth enabled scanners, Mifare card readers, QR codes or NFC scanning on a phone.
- View all student boarding/alighting
- View busy stops and optimise routes
- Reduce disputes with parents/students
Automated reports and issues proactively managed
Focus on the exceptions with automatically emailed reports that link directly to the portal to quickly review missed or incomplete trips.
- Better accountability
- Anticipate parent complaints
- Save time on transport admin
- Focus on trips that need the attention
Route Management and Optimised Student Journeys
Data-driven route planning to build routes and timetables that save money and that are optimised based on safety & demand.
- Save time planning
- Better managed routes
- Efficient vehicle utilisation
- Optimise timetables and stops
Device management and use of any device
Dedicated or personal devices are managed via the portal for access control, monitoring usage, checking app versions, and viewing connectivity to Bluetooth enabled devices like scanners, card readers & OBD adapters.
- Manage all devices remotely (phones/scanners)
- See battery levels and bluetooth connectivity
- Monitor app usage & versions
Driver App and drivers empowerment
Drivers manage their trips & when in service share their location every 5 secs. Push notifications sent via the portal are received on the driver app, with restrictions not to distract when driving.
- Autopilot option automatically starts tracking
- GPS location fed straight to system/portal every 5 seconds
- Driver messaging/notifications
You can find out more information about RYGO here.